It’s spooky week and as promised here is part II of this years Halloween do it yourself costume. If you missed part one click here for the bear face mask tutorial. This year is a little weird, to say this least which is why there was only one Halloween costume tutorial this year. It just seems odd but I want to know what are your spooky plans? I will be working and spending the evening watching The Great Pumpkin, it’s a classic. Below is the full tutorial for part two of the bear costume tutorial, the bear ear hair clips.
- Black Felt
- Hair Clips
- White Glitter Iron on
- Cricut Machine
- Mini Easy Press
- Sewing Kit
- Draw out a bear ear on paper, scan it onto your computer and upload it into design space.
- In design space duplicate the ear three times. Make two black and two white.
- Brainstorm the measurements to make sure they are not too small or too big. Mine are three inches wide.
- Place your glitter iron on down (shiny side down) and cut out both white ear pieces.
- Press the white glitter ears onto a piece of felt. Keep in mind you will need to fold the felt in half and have enough material to make it three dimentional. (Peel cold)
- Fold the felt in half and cut out the ear shape. You may cut out a paper template using your Cricut, however, I eyeballed it.
- Use a whip stitch or a slip stitch to close the ear. Leave a small opening to add in the stuffing.
- Stuff both ears and sew the opening closed.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach one clip to each ear.
- Enjoy (:
If you recreate this look please share a picture with me I’d love to see it. Are you dressing up this year? Let me know down below (: